Baubles, Bangles, and Beads! Some of my own favorites and Fashion Staples


I have more great pics of shoes to post soon. for now, here are some of my huge collection of little fashion finds that I love to wear. My fashion muse is Iris Apfel; catch her on Instagram.  At 96, she continues to inspire.  Her wonderful jewelry and clothes  come from all walks of fashion life, from the high end, to the bargain, from souvenir, to great art, to her own designs.  She walks the fashion runway, and lives the life, as it were.  Real style is the result of such inspiration, not a huge bank account.  Enjoy!





Top: White metal hoops by Sugar Petal Studios, Instagram, $7.  They are light, and go with everything! Handmade
cameos, one of my fashion musts, from a craft fair, $10 each. Katy Perry purple cat cologne from Marshall's, around $10 on sale.  Chanel No.5, my signature scent; it's my one splurge.  I ask for it for holidays and Christmas.  You can find vintage bottles sometimes at estate sales, or look for tiny mini bottles in gift sets at Christmas.  I love the bottles as doll house minis, or also, to make jewelry with or to use on tiny Christmas trees.   Perfume and old bottles are another passion; I love Avon, especially the dolls, and there are many of these out there.  Chanel, White Shoulders, Versace, Estee, all of them, and old atomizers, are great collectibles, a bonus for being a Fashionista! Bottom is a doll key chain, Betsey Johnson, a steal at $12, Dillard's outlet.

Favorite bows; you are never too old!  They add spice to an outfit.  Mickey and Mini are huge
In my family; my mom shared Mickey's birthday.  When I wear Mickey, she's with me. The sequined hearts double as a brooch.

Hand tooled leather hair pick; $35.  Abernathy's, Instagram.  I also have vintage
examples from my on childhood.


Comments

Popular Posts