Fashion Bytes; Some Petit Four Ideas to Whet the Fashion Bargain Appetite

  • Where is my September Vogue!!!!!   Here's a link to a blog that will explain it all.  To celebrate the 125th anniversary of the iconic mag, there will be four collector's covers.  I want them all!  I treasure these September issues as I do my vintage issues of W and my antique Godey's and Harper's Weekly. Regretfully, I can't find1.49 my copy at the grocery store or drugstore any more.  I feel a trip to B&B or BAM coming on.
  • In Style has a nice fashion issue this month.  The hot colors are maroon and navy, nostalgic to me as the colors of my beloved Salukis.  Also in, anything BoHo, Kate Spade, embellished shoes and bags. 

  • Check out Goodwill and other thrift stores for vintage "hippie" and BoHo tops that are in style.  Over the knee books in velvet, velvet blazers and other clothing rocked 40 years ago.  They rock again, but vintage versions are easier on our pocket books.
  • Walgreens in some locales has marked down chiffon scarves to $.60!  Popcorn tops, a trademark in colorful, stretch silky material are marked down to $1.49.  Beaded cuff bracelets, a hot commodity this fall are down to $.74!
  • Statement necklaces are still very in.  I found some amazing examples at Wal-Mart last February.    Unusual hand made jewelry is a must.
  • Skeleton and Bead doll charms are hot at Hobby Lobby and JoAnns, as well as Michaels.  They remind me of Dia de Muertos jewelry created by Betsey Johnson, but these are much less pricey.
  • Day of the Dead anything is very hot this Halloween Season.  Look for painted skulls or Calaveras in leggings at JoAnns, in accessories everywhere, jewelry, headbands, hats, masks, and costumes.  Of course, there are other wonderful artifacts and little skeleton figures.


Comments

Popular Posts