From my Closet Archives; A few New Finds, and some Favorites!


I love these pieces, and adore accessorizing them with jewelry and scarves.  It's great to  find a scarecrow pin, for example, to pair with this chenille jacket. Many are vintage pieces, but I got them new.  Others are recent finds.  After Christmas is a great place for bargains at thrift stores. Evening wear is often available for only $1!  Geiger sweaters are great to look for; they are usually around $30.  I have found them for under $20.  Boots and winter shoes will be on sale at big box stores and department stores, and the January white sales are great places to find all sorts of clothes, purses, and jewelry. You can set a reasonable budget and find great pieces.  JCP had wonderful coats on sale at 60% off.  My husband bought me a navy anorak with fur trimmed collar [faux] for Christmas.  It is light, but super warm, and it was under $80.  Have fun, check out sidewalk sales, and be sure to look online. 



Appliqued Chenille Jacket, Handmade, around $6 at a thrift shop


Chenille Jacket with Fall Motifs.  I love scarecrows, all year long!

Note the lining in the Scarecrow jacket

Close-up of the Appliqued Scarecrow

Purple Plaid Jumper or Sleeveless Dress.  Multicolor Scarf
has Peace Symbol Motifs.  Great as is in summer, or  over a blouse or turtle neck.  Dress was around $10.00
some years ago from Target.  Scarf from Dollar General was under $3.

Thick, warm vintage Sweater, hand knit.  From Goodwill, about $3.88.  Hand knit scarf
is my creation, fine Japanese Yarn, cost to make about $14.

Vintage Tweed Jacket from the 80s, an heirloom from Dad.  Burberry inspired
scarf was a gift, but cost around $20.

Vintage silk lingerie case, hand painted with a parakeet.  $20 from
Vintage Rose Antiques.  I use these as evening bags, too.

Beautiful Print Dress, early 80s Paul Harris.  I have whole ensembles
including sweaters incorporating this peach color, still one of my favorite combos.  Love the
drop waist.

Close up of the Print from above dress.  This is apparently a
Bloomsbury inspired print. New in the early 80s, on sale, it cost around
$30.


Comments

Popular Posts