Dr. E's Doll Museum Blog: A Review of Toonstyle.com; Calling all Kid, Collec...

Dr. E's Doll Museum Blog: A Review of Toonstyle.com; Calling all Kid, Collec...: Licensed characters and pop culture characters are entrenched in our culture.   Children, adults, and collectors all want to wear clothes ...


Please note, that the website for the above is https://toonstyle, not toonstyle.com.


This is a great site, no doubt; but I did it a part of a job I won on freelancer.com.  Stay away from these people at freelancer, far, far away.


I read their terms and about their fees; they took nearly half of my fee for doing this blog, which brought me only about $20.00.  I make a lot more than that as a writer.  They won't let me withdraw the $20 because their "policy", which is not apparently written anywhere, is that you can only withdraw $30 and up in funds.  I informed them I will NEVER work for them again; their rep, one Michele, from tech support, keeps sending me the same emails, over and over again.  She usually just gives URLs that don't answer my questions.  It's called "the runaround." It isn't slander because it's just my opinion, but she's an idiot.


To bid on other jobs won't work; most bids are not for very much, just about  $1-$3 in some cases. If they are taking nearly half of the writer's take, it will take the rest of one's life to make $30.  They try to force you to buy a membership, and then threaten that they will charge you fees if you don't do anything for six months.


I'll be very happy to share the emails with anyone who cares to see them.  They propose to give jobs or opportunities to bid in many fields, but watch out!  I doubt anyone will get paid.  Many writers are from so called third world countries, and I believe hey are being exploited.  Their online reviews are not good, and much of the work I saw as examples was badly written.


I want to contact the FTC, but this is a foreign company.  They are doing business in the US, so are under our jurisdiction, but I think they will try to wriggle out of it.


Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.  I won't be going near them again. 

Comments

Popular Posts