Hauntingly Good Halloween Deals

Halloween is finally here!  The air is cold and crisp, the sunshine bright.   Chili and hot chocolate are on many menus. The leave are turning and starting to fall. Remember ironing them between sheet of wax paper and turning them into pictures, book marks, and notebook covers?  Or, we spray painted them on a surface like a notebook and removed the leaf to see the design.  I remember making little paper mosaics of cats and monsters, using little squares ad folding them around a pencil eraser to make each piece.  I kept them, except for a black cat that went to my Grandpa in Athens.  He loved cats.  He had a dog named Yagula, for a famous outlaw, but he died.  Out of grief, Grandpa only had cats after that.


When we visited him when I was little,  he and I would feed the feral cats at the outdoor cafes.  I discovered they didn't like fired fish, and that didn't meow in English.


Here are some of the holiday bargains I found today.  Others dame from the $ Store; there are clear plastic ornaments to fill with tiny flecks of fake snow, all $1.  I found a nice silky runner in golden cloth there, and more Halloween décor, including glittery light up pumpkins and skulls.  I'm going to put them out on the porch Halloween Night.


Barnes & Noble is having 75% off sales; I found Pop figures by Funko for $250, and mini Lego figures a little over $1.  A selection of children's books and sale books already marked down were also $75% off.  I did a little Xmas shopping while I was at it.


If you like making manikins for Halloween, go to Thrifty Fun.com to see how to make an easy example.


JoAnn Fabrics, Tuesday Morning, Marshall's and TJ MAXX are all discounting Halloween, and we are barely into the second week of October.  Look around, and don't forget rummage sales, flea markets, and yard sales.


Remember thrift stores are great places to find costumes, and don't overlook everyday objects like paper plates that can be embellished. 


Talbot's and Zullily online are having special sales, too.


Super markets are already discounting candy, too.  So, Happy Haunting, Shopping, and Halloween!!



Miniatures, Witch Ribbons, Hildi and Joe Day of the Dead Doll Necklaces, all 1/2 Price
Halloween Material; I also bought Nightmare before Christmas Material

Retro Design Material; All was Half Off
Halloween Dolls and Décor from Party City; some were only $2.99.  Others were only $.99.  They were about half
of the other Halloween Stores.  I love the Two Headed Twins Dolls.

Comments

Popular Posts