Coupons and Sales Worth Having, and some Not

I'd like to say a few words about sales and coupons.  Some are overrated and more trouble than they are worth, then others have great sales often unadvertised.  I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has bought from Zulilly, RealReal, Poshmark, etc.   Fans of Cabi and similar groups, I'm interested in your experiences.  Have any of you hosted parties for them?  For Lia Sophia or Silpada? 


I like the sales at regular Dillard's when they have like 50% off the already marked down prices.  They also take off additional 30% and 40% of items marked 50% off and more.


Von Maur has new markdowns around every Thursday.  I look for the expensive knits to go off about 75%.  Sometimes, VM will have designers brands like Ann Klein and Michael Kors down to 90% off.


Younkers had Yellow Dot and Black Dot sales which were great when no brand was excluded.  When they got picky, even coupons were harder to use.  I had some bad episodes with their sales folk over these.  One refused to give me the sale.  It was clearly covered by the coupon.  I took the pink sweater in question to another counter; as I got there, I realized the last nasty clerk watched me, and called the second clerk, who proceeded to give me attitude.  I told her she was being draconian.  Don't think she got it.  In the end, though, I got a $40.00+ sweater for $1.97!  Around Feb., Younkers used to put the remaining Xmas items at $.90 each.  Those were the days.  They had better deals on line, too.  Now that they are coming back, I wonder what their sales will be.


Kohl's cash is famous, but it isn't that great any more.  I had $100 in Kohl's Cash, but they spread it out, taking off a little here, a little there.  You don't quite get the same bargain, math or not.  They used to take like $100, or $10 or whatever off of the total. Not now; it's prorated. Also American Girls and other things are not covered.


I never have luck with Monopoly game coupons or coupons spit out with receipts.  They just clutter up my purse and tax files.  I like Walgreens reward program, though it is now limited to just $5 rewards.  Still, it makes a difference. 


Love the $5 coupons at Goodwill, though I don't always get them.  Sometimes, they appear in local papers.


So, let me know your shopping experiences.  Let me know of any good deals or coupons, and I'll spread the word.


Comments

Popular Posts