Top Ten TV Shows Featuring Clothes to Die For

Sometimes, I have to watch TV to decide what I want to wear!  I get inspired by all fashion eras, but sometimes, I just love the ight outfits!

1. Mary Tyler Moore; she just had the perfect, timeless outfit for all occasions.  Her dresses and scarves were the bomb.  Ditto her look on The Dick Van Dyke Show.  She did things for pearls no one could.

2. Murder, she Wrote; Jessica's Fletcher's outfits are preppy, fun, comfortable, and enduring.  Her look is just as great now as it was when the show first aired.

3. Sex in the City; Carrie Bradshaw leads the fashion pak for sure!  I love the emphasis on the clothes, as well as shoes and accessories.  Each episode is a mini fashion show.

4. The Goldberg's; someone paid attention to the great sweaters of the 80s.  I still hung them online and at Ragstock.  Some of Bev's sweaters are made for the show, and some are vintage.  I don't care; i want them all.

5. Dynasty, 80s version.  I never got tired of the gowns and the outfits.  They were awesome, I wanted to wear those kicky business suits to law school!   Ditto other late night soaps; Dallas, Falcon Crest, Flamingo Road, Central Park West, and Knot's Landing.  How I miss them!

6. Dark Shadows:  No matter the era, the outfits were amazing.  Joan Bennett's wardrobe was just classy, and the period 18th century and later Victorian costumes were well done and very detailed.

7.  Perry Mason;  Della Street never had a bad fashion day.  It was what it was.

8.  The Nanny;  I'd die for Fran's kitten skirt, or her Christmas coordinated suits, or any of the outfits she wore with matching coats and jackets.  She gave fashion a new life in more ways than one.

9.  As Time Goes By; Jean Harcastle, aka Judi Dench, wears lovely gold jewelry, and makes classic a must have look for all of us at any age.  Judy's and Sandi's ensembles are also fun, but chic and classy.

10.  Friends:  I succumbed to the short sleeves and high necks, the Y necklaces, and Phoebe's entire look.

Honorable Mentions; Bewtiched for the awesome hair and outfits Elizabeth Montgomery wore, and for Endora's terrific, wild looks.  When I was five, my mother took me to see Agnes Morehead in person, dressed in pink like Endora.  I never forgot it!

Admit it; how many of you watch TV for the outfits!





Comments

  1. Check out the Virtual Doll Convention Haute Couture Bard I created; https://www.pinterest.com/VirtualDollConvention/haute-couture/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts