Beloved Bargain Fashions of Bygone Days

I thought I would reminisce a little, about outfits I have loved.  Most don't fit me, a few are in my hope chests, others have been repurposed or passed on to others.  Here are 5 I loved.




1.  My Wild Pair boots, light brown, tooled leather, with criss crosses and platform heels.  I wore them many years.

2.  My lamby coat, faux white wool, with a scarf that had a lamby head on the end. Still have it.

3.  My monkey dress, red smock, and white collar, with a monkey face similar to Curious George appliqued near the bottom.  I wore it through grade school.

4.  My little house on the prairie dress, sewn by my mom.  I wore it as a sixth grade Halloween costume, in school plays, and later, when these dresses were in style, I wore it in college with shawls, scarves, and sweaters. Still have it.

5.  A long, printed velvet jumper in plum, moss greens, and grays.  It's an awesome floral pattern.  Later, I wore it  over slacks like a tunic as well as a dress.

All these were bought on sale or made by mom.  Also loved my novelty sweaters, dresses and blouses printed with famous portraits and paintings, embroidered dresses, skirts, and pants, including ones mom made and a few I brought from Spain, and still have.

Part of the fun of looking in vintage clothing stores is trying to find or recreate some of these great outfits of the past.


Comments

Popular Posts