Spring is all about Florals and Pastels, including Pale Yellow

We need a breath of spring; everyone is in a panic these days, albeit with good reason.  Florals are in at Kohls and Target; sales have already begun.  With St. Pat's coming up, green is the color for my week.  I love the Mardis Gras green necklaces, and all my vintage costume rhinestones and St. Patrick's Day Pins.

I have a board called Holidays on Pinterest, with a subsection called St. Pat's and the Celts.  I've always loved both, and the green itself is sort of life affirming.

Look for sales at places like Hobby Lobby, or go to Zullily, Woot, and Wish for bargains.

Family Dollar features great scarves for St. Patrick's Day for only a dollar, and lots of other hats and accessories.

One of these scarves look great with a gray dress or black top.

An artistic friend had an awesome idea; she went to Goodwill .44 cent day, and bought clothes made of awesome materials to repurpose into new projects.  Why waste good material?  This is also a great way to get material for quilt projects and doll clothes.

ThrifyFun.com is also full of good ideas.

Pale, lemony yellow is in.  I've loved it since I bought out the apricot and pale yellow separates at the defunct Paul Harris stores in the 80s when I was in school.  I also had a great pair of lemon yellow jeans, bought at a swanky store in Iowa City.  The joke of this is that I went to buy them after my last law school final.  I was really tired and out of it.  I tried on the pants, went on the floor to the three way mirror to see how they fit.  The fit was great, but something was wrong.  Then it hit me; it wasn't the pants.  It was me.  I wasn't wearing a top!  Just a bra!

Lemon yellow tops and florals combined make this top a sure win for 2020 
spring fashion!

Comments

Popular Posts