Into Fall Fashion 2021

 I just realized that I haven't seen the fall Vogue fashion issue,  again!  Still, there are places all over to  get an idea of the fall trends.  I went to one big box store and two major higher end department stores to look around, after weeks of working hard at our museum, American Doll and Toy Museum.

Colors I saw were traditional golds and bronze orange, brown, and a surprising mix of gray and pink which was hot in 1983 and is back. More proof that everything old is new again are the calico print, prairie style smocks and long dresses, with lots from Target's Knox Rose.  

Ugg is making jackets and clothing, and lovely sweaters as well as boots and slippers.  These are not bargains, but check out online retailers and places like Sierra Trading Co., the Marshall's TJ MAXX online bargain outlet.    Calvin Klein is doing wonderful fluffy coats, dyed wools, and natural color car length coats. I may have to splurge.  These run just under 200.00.

Dillard's is having lots of sales, but they are offering all kinds of silk screened tops with art designs which remind me a lot of the dresses I had in the 70s  when I was just in jr. hi.   I loved them and still do.  I'm looking for one bullock's used to sell, sleeveless, black background, printed with antique dolls of all kinds.  If you see it, let me know, any size.  Same goes for the Henry VIII and his six wives sweater I saw at Younker's, Iowa City, 1983.  It was a long pullover, grey background.  

Speaking of Younkers, they will be active online again, and have opened many stores.  Go to Younkers.com to sign up for news. This and Marshall Field's were my go to stores when I was a kid; I still miss them.  They both had bargain centers and awesome sales.

Seems hard to find Halloween outfits, outside costumes, but Spirit of  Halloween had jack o lantern leggings and a top for around 35.00, not bad.  They also had the Chucky Good Guys sweater, a must fo a doll museum owner like me.

There are kid's Halloween outfits and shirts at the big box stores, and men's T-shirts, which I often pu rloin to wear with spooky themes.   I used to find sweaters and vests at thrift stores, but not so much this year.  I regret one year not buying candy corn color ballet flats at Spirit of Halloween.

Halloween Jewelry is at Dillard's, mostly Betsy Johnson, but here is a skull necklace I found there yesterday from another maker, I also bought snake beaded earrings by Natasha, and on sale, a snake head band.  I actually like snakes, and have snake dolls and models, including a boa named Ethel, from the snake in  Janet Evanovich's novels.

I found Betsy Johnson Halloween at a local antique mall, and also on sale in the past at TJ MAXX.

Halloween costume stores sell reasonable Halloween Jewelry as props, but I don't find any at the Hallmark stores as I used to.

Lately, I'm recycling my clothes, and unpacking things I haven't been able to get out before.  Some Halloween sweaters are among my archived treasures.  I also recycled some beautiful suit jackets that belonged to my late Uncle Jim; I'm using then as blazers and dressing them up with pins and my own handknit scarves.

Most styles are classic; get out your oxford shirts, basic Tees, favorite flats and sneakers, and your orange, gold, pink, gray scarves and hats and mix and match with a few new pieces for fall.  Still try thrift shops and online venues.

This week, I signed up with Posh Mark, and bought a great black cobra rhinestone ring for 12.00 plus tax and shipping; still a good deal.  Lots of deals and big names, and it appears to be a friendly buy/sell community with open lines of communication.  It's fun and easy to surf.

Happy Halloween and fall; hope yoy harvest some bargain haute couture for the season!

Silver skulls from Dillard's,  great statement necklace!

Bargain and vintage jewelry and findings from our museum gift shop.

Our mascot Mr. Woolf wears one of my Vintage Halloween Sweater



Comments

Popular Posts