Finding new outfits in my Own Archives



 No one has to spend a fortune to look good this holiday season.  I like going through my "wardrobe archives" to find new outfits to put together.  With my vintage jewelry, especially pins and earrings, I always have something new to wear, but at a bargain price.  The pieces below are gifts or items I inherited or bought several years ago.  I'm fortunate to have a large cedar closet where I can store many of these; it was hand built by my husband.

Sequined Heart T, a gift from my friend Kim

 



Bought the pink dress on the left for a quarter last summer.  Crocheted top on the
right was a gift from my friend Kim

Vintage Christmas sweater is mine.  I bought it around 15 years ago
on sale.  The plaid scarf is from Dollar Tree.  It's a nice warm fleece, a great office or
shoe box gift.

My late Uncle Jim's blazer, vintage 70s.
It is a grey and black plaid.  These are great with jeans, over Ts, you name it.
I get a lot of wear from them, and he wore only the best.  It is also a way to remember him.

Applique design on the bottom of my harvest sweater.
I bought this several years ago on sale.  I buy these sweaters on sale when new, never paid more than around 15.00 for one.  I also look for others at thrift stores.

Vintage sweater without scarf.  These are not ugly; they are
often hand made, hand embroidered or appliqued.  They are a fun way to celebrate the holidays.  Be conservative with jewelry and wear with jeans or black pants.

Brown wool blazer from Uncle Jim.  Silky top with medallion
underneath is a gift from my friend Kim.  

 

Comments

Popular Posts