Fashion Spring 2022

 




It's that time again; The Spring Runway is on its way, and with it, the fashions of 2022.  Never mind that it is so cold here you need a warm coat!  Never mind it has been spitting snow the last two days; it is spring!


        In this post, I hope to share some ideas that will save money, but also serve fashion well.  I followed In Style magazine and got ideas.  Gingham plaid is in, so is bo ho, crafty jewelry and hoop earrings.  Lots of pastels, including pink, and psychedelic patterns that allude to the late 60s and 70s.  Think Emilio Pucci, Peter Max, The Yellow Submarine.


    I've included some examples of gingham and plaid for the uninitiated.  If you watch Mamma's Family,  you will see her neighbor Theola wearing pink gingham shirt dresses.  I have it on good authority from a doll artist friend that Joan Crawford wore a red gingham dress in Rain.

    Because these are time honored trends, you can make them, use vintage fabric, shop your own wardrobe, or thrift shop to get the look.






Vintage Japanese Porcelain dolls from the 70s shows
off her blue gingham dress before she's refurbished.

90s cloth folk doll wearing a blue plaid.

Doll made from a recycled bowling pin wears a 
pink gingham frock and pink ribbons. When I was little, I wore pink gingham
ribbons that matched my pink gingham dress. I love sleeveless dresses 
in this material even today, though I might where a little shrug with them now.

Vintage Parian doll in blue gingham with a crisp apron.

Byer's Caroler playing croquet in blue gingham.

50s Ginny Type hard plastic doll in a light red gingham frock

Mis Bangles, fashion critic sleeping on the job

The ever fashionable Mr. Tuxedo looks pensive while
pondering this year's haut couture.

Two dresses from my summer wardrobe

Vintage short sleeved cotton shirt in a variation gingham 
done in turquoise and embrodery

 
More summer dresses and tops in my closet

Set of earrings, including hoops, bought for under
7.00 earlier this year.  


Comments

Popular Posts