Summer Fashion

 It is now Midsummer, and my birthday, along with Juneteenth and so much more.  The cicadas are singing, the birds chirping, the flowers blooming.  Forsythia and violets will sleep till next year, and the peonies and roses are nearly past their first bloom.  At American Doll and Toy Museum, we have fantastic bachelor buttons and painted daisies of at least two varieties.


We are near July 4th, and red white and blue are popular colors for summer wear, and not just patriotic holiday shirts and apparel.

  Here are selections from
Target, including tops in bandanna styles, most under 30.00.

Sandals are hot,
and dresses and shorts, as well as the blue print kimono top
shown here, come in all sizes.


Great sandals and flip flop appear in various designs.  Most of these are under 20.00.  I love
flip flops; I don't think they are inappropriate and are a nice alternative to sneakers when
you have to work and be on your feet.  I had a great pair in Spain one
summer, cost under a dollar, fit well, went with dresses and pants, and I could walk in them, even climbed in the ruins of a Medieval castle wearing them.

Here is open of my favorite shades of green, and some
lovely off the shoulder tops.  Black is always in, though don't know if I'd like it  90 degree days.



Comments

Popular Posts